Wednesday 22 December 2010

Steep Ice in Cwm Silyn



Despite our plans of getting up to Cwm Idwal not working out due to several closed roads stopping us we eventually made it over to Cwm Silyn. Pete, Huw, Dan and myself started to long unrelenting trudge into Cwm Silyn with little idea of what we would find. On arrival a quick scout around found Pete and myself on Colins Gully IV with Huw and Dan on Bedrock gully IV***. Huw and Dan found Bedrock to be very thin and sustained climbing which ended up with dan taking a small tumble on the first pitch but unfazed by this they continued  persevering with the route. Pete and myself had a similar story on Colins Gully where I found myself on some of the steepest ice I have ever lead with the second Ice pitch proving to be very wet on poor ice. With a little more freezing things could be amazing in the Cwm.

No comments:

Post a Comment